Flea Market Bistro
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Festooned with the kind of bric-a-brac you'd find at a Frenchified TGI Friday's, Flea Market serves food derived from some Über-bistro in Normandy. Funny how the French both developed the theory of the simulacrum葉he idea that much of what we experience as "real" is in fact a representation of something actually (or formerly) real預nd put it into practice. Which is not to say that the food用istachio-crusted salmon over veg napoloen, Sunday-brunch "oeufs Benedicte"葉astes like a simulacrum. Rather, it's correct, as the French would say. And with so many less-than-correct bistros infesting the East Village and Lower East Side, the "antique" flea-market tchotchkes are no barrier to enjoying a precise steak-frites and a few glasses of Merlot.Brunch
Sat.-Sun., 10 a.m.-4:15 p.m.Recommended Dishes
Salmon, $18; steak frites, $18
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods