Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Delivery after 10pm
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Canal St. to 12th St., Bowery to Washington St.
This venue is closed.
At first glance, the space seems consummately New York: a small dark room with exposed brick walls, barely sustaining its busy bar of NYU students and West Village locals. Tables are tightly packed. But despite these big-city inevitabilities, Florencia 13 aims for a mellower Left Coast vibe. The kitschy wall art features Day of the Dead skulls and crossbones and strands of red Christmas lights, the peppy rock soundtrack is alt-eclectic, and the margaritas flow. The cuisine is savory Mexicali street fare—tacos, burritos, enchiladas—with an occasional upgrade; a refreshing avocado salad, for instance, is mixed with chopped endive, hearts of palm, and cherry tomatoes in a tangy citrus vinaigrette. But while the food’s generally tasty and the ingredients are quality, the execution can sometimes be wanting. Chile rellenos are drenched in an insipid tomato sauce and salsa lacks bite (sin of sins). At New York prices, even street food can’t afford to be sloppy.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu