Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
Leroy St. to 10th St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Why there are so few Venezuelan restaurants in New York is puzzling, especially if you’ve ever tasted Flor Villazan’s wonderful arepas, empanadas, soups, and seviche. A couple dozen more seats than at Flor’s original tiny East Village space may make it easier to get a table here, but you’ll still have to wait the extra fifteen minutes it takes for a cachapa, the sweet corn pancake topped with creamy Venezuelan cheese that is the greatest thing to happen to yellow kernels since butter.Brunch
Sat.—Sun., 11 a.m.—4 p.m.Recommended Dishes
Cachapas con queso, $10
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu