- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
With its menu meant for two and minimal, Moroccan-inspired decor—teeny mosaic-tiled tables, satin cushions, a few candles and gauzy drapes—this inconspicuous spot practically oozes romance. Head for the back room, where live jazz plays on Fridays and films with muted sound are projected onto the wall. Wile away the evening, nibbling on veggies and bread chunks dunked in their creamy “brie et pesto” fondue. A few friendly waiters chat upfront by the bar, sometimes joined by the dog-toting owner. The mood is mellow and chances are you’ll be sticking around long enough to follow up cheese with “chocolat” (a ceramic bowlful of melted Belgian chocolate, served with a platter of strawberries, bananas, green apple slices, and grapes sprinkled in powdered sugar). Not a fondue fan? You won’t be eating much, but you can still drink your fill of wine, champagne, or the other house specialty: a soju (Korean vodka) and sake martini.Extra
Fondue hosts a $10 all-you-can-drink Sangria night on Tuesdays.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu