Food Merchants Cafe & Market
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.; B, D, F, M at 42nd St.-Bryant Park
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
35th St. to 45th St., Second Ave. to Seventh Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
This small eatery (owned by the same company responsible for the ubiquitous Café Metro) has the look of an upscale cafeteria. Walls are painted warm fall colors; floor tiles stick to neutral shades; chairs and tables are metal, not wood, so students—be they from a nearby university or the school of life—can’t carve their initials in on the surfaces. It's basically a grab-and-go luncheonette for sandwiches, salads, pastas, wraps, etc., though ample seating is available.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu