Food Sing 88 Corp.
Some of our favorite noodles can be found in Chinatown at Food Sing 88 Corp., where, through a dusty window outside the shop, you can catch a glimpse of a Fujianese noodle slinger who dispatches his noodle-making duties with something like the advanced roping skills of an old Texas cowhand crossed with the acrobatic aplomb of a young Romanian gymnast. That a bowl of these remarkably chewy but tender noodles, enhanced by a rich broth and everything from pork bone to beef tendon, costs only $4 to $6.50 and takes exactly 90 seconds to arrive at your tiny communal table only enhances the experience.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu