- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Forcella owner Giulio Adriani’s traditional pies, are in the same pristine, heavily charred, wood-fired league as the best pizza Napoletana in town. We recommend the Margherita Extra (the Über–pizza Napoletana) and the Fuorigrotta (mozzarella, lemon, arugula, and Pecorino). While killjoys might bemoan the lack of variety on the carb- and fry-happy menu (other than a handful of salads and a decent bean soup), you have to admit that Adriani knows how to stay on theme: You can warm up for your montanara with miniature, unbaked versions called pizzelle di nonna, and wash it down with a pair of deep-fried-pizza-dough desserts (the Nutella-drizzled angioletti or a whimsical millefoglie).Featured In
Montanara pizza, Margherita Extra pizza.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations