Wed-Sun, noon-11pm; Mon-Tue, 4pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Luquer St. to Warren St., Smith St. to Hicks Pl.
In a community split between entrenched Italian families and gentrifying youngsters, Fragole doesn't really suit either demo. It's a newcomer, but it's not nouveau. You won't find old cronies sipping their cappuccinos here, but neither will you see large groups of scenesters straying from Smith Street for the night. It's a middling sort of place, which usually equals death in a restaurant-saturated neighborhood like Carroll Gardens. But that's a too-harsh sentence for an eatery that obviously aims to please. Service is extra friendly and tasty pasta dishes like fettuccine Rosmarino, with sweet sausage and hints of sage and rosemary hit the spot.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu