Fresh Basil's Trattoria
Mon-Fri, 11am-11pm; Sat, 11am-10pm; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.; 4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
34th St. to 70th St., First Ave. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This casual midtown Italian eatery has a thriving takeout business, and why not? Every neighborhood should have a go-to delivery place for reliable, traditional pastas. Stick to ethnic comfort food such as the penne alla vodka and the special pastas della casa and you’re likely to be phoning orders once a week. But don’t get anything except pasta and don’t bother eating in. Mysteriously, at the height of tomato season, tomatoes (and mozzarella) prove dry; Cesar salad, for its part, is nothing you couldn’t make at home with Good Seasons dressing and Pepperidge Farm croutons. The service is friendly if bumbling; the plain-Jane decor suggests playing catch-up with friends more than impressing out-of-towners.Recommended Dishes
Tortellini emiliana, $10.55; Veal marsala, $17.95
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu