Friend's Pizza Cafe
Mon-Sat, 11am-11pm; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Seventh Ave.; R at Prospect Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
9th St. to 23rd St., Third Ave. to Vanderbilt Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Despite the charms of the friendly-as-advertised staff, spicy house salad, and ho-hum pizza, it’s the peculiar back patio that draws intrepid outdoor diners beyond the narrow mahogany hall into a delightfully deranged oasis of kitsch, which owner Isaias Flores and his missus have outfitted with oversized, white patio furniture set on a carpet of bright-green Astroturf. Between the flowerbeds and the ceramic fountain and below a makeshift roof of green siding on a wooden frame, this outdoor area elicits only one objection, and that’s toward the soft-rock soundtrack. Otherwise, it’s equal parts pure gold and pure corn.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu