- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at First Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
Houston to 23rd St., Second Ave. to Ave. C.
This venue is closed.
No place for purists, Fu specializes in rolls with monikers like "crazy," "sexy," and "amazing," though most turn out to be none of the above. Shrimp shumai and soft-shell crab tempura, both accompanied by sweet chili sauce, are fried just long enough to form a light brown crust. While the shumai’s delicate flavor shines through, the crab’s fishy aura overpowers the breading, and neither can stand on their own. Spice heads, though, might be pleased: Kamikaze rolls and many spicy alternatives almost certainly require Sapporo to alleviate the tongue, but note that it must be toted in from the deli next door. The next best “heat soothing” option is actually on the menu: The ice-cream is sure to satisfy, but thankfully, this fried option arrives sans sweet chili sauce.Recommended Dishes
Fried shrimp shumai, $4.95; Beef sashimi, $15.95; Fried ice cream, $6.00
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu