- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Spring St.; B, D at Grand St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to Bleeker St., Essex St. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
If your idea of great Cantonese cuisine is roast pork in a greasy fluorescent-lit Mott Street dive, Funky Broome — with its wacky pink-and-green neon lighting and equally crazy, but equally creative, menu—will rock your world. There are few “over rice” dishes here. Instead, get ready for “mini pots” of fish and taro, or enoki mushrooms; “mini woks” of satay meatballs and rice vermicelli, or oysters in red-wine sauce; and “fruity entrees” like baby shrimps with sweet pear, or Swedish ribs with strawberries. If you prefer, there’s also classics like beef with Chinese broccoli, but when you see your neighbors tucking into minced duck wrapped in lettuce leaves, or the lacquered red crispy squab, you’ll undoubtedly feel the need to get funky yourself.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu