Sun, 11:30am-10:30pm; Mon-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-11:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
- Dine at the Bar
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Houston St. to 8th St., Lafayette St. to Hudson St.
The young owners of Galanga apprenticed at Wondee Siam, a Hell’s Kitchen hole-in-the-wall with a cult following. The training paid off, especially in Thai standards like refreshing and remarkably fragrant crispy duck salad; larb gai, minced chicken redolent of mint and lime and dotted with toasted ground sticky rice; and the Chiang Mai curry noodles, a soothing chili-spiked broth loaded with pungent pickled cabbage and strewn with crispy fried shallots. And the stylish space, with its grass-guttered concrete bar and bright-red back wall, proves that in some departments the student can surpass the master.Recommended Dishes
Crispy duck salad, $8
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu