- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
The space that famously housed Florent and then was briefly reincarnated as R&L reopened as Gansevoort 69, under the stewardship of David Graziano and Corey Lane of Bagatelle, RdV, and Kiss & Fly (Lane is not to be confused with Cory Lane, the beverage director at the Momofuku empire). Graziano, who also designed Pink Elephant, gave the Florent space a simple makeover, retaining the original bar and terrazzo flooring. The coolers now serve as a back bar. In the kitchen is Jacqueline Lombard, a French Culinary Institute alum and onetime sous-pastry-chef at Otto, who owns a Brooklyn-based catering company. She describes her favorite ingredients as “the three B’s: butter, bacon, and beef,” and is going for what’s being called, you guessed it, “new comfort.” Starting today, breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus (which you can see below) will be offered simultaneously.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu