Daily, 24 hours
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
27th St. to 45th St., Madison Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Sitting near the sooty mouth of the Queens Midtown Tunnel, this Murray Hill eatery gamely works its corner perch with a 24-hour neon glow and the promise of breakfast all day. Essentially a lovably crusty old diner—a jumbo laminated menu that could be used as a sunshade, a TV flickering mutely in the corner, toothpicks and mints by the register, the Gemini has also been spruced up with dusky peach walls, stainless-steel ceilings, and Art Deco murals of the neighborhood populated by long-necked flappers. The griddle grub, like pancakes pockmarked with chocolate chips, is filling, as is the Tuscan omelette, heavy with mozzarella and salty prosciutto. The above-average chicken hero sandwiches come every which way so it’s a pity the coffee’s weak even as it’s a surprise that the smoothies are strong. The menu ventures half-heartedly into fancier seafood—“from two eggs to lobster tails,” claims a server—but in the end you’re here for the simple diner fare, which is as warm and reliable as a favorite pair of socks.Recommended Dishes
East Side Grilled Chicken sandwich, $9.45
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu