Sun-Thu, 5pm-10:30pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 96th St.
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
83rd St. to 100th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
Gennaro Picone’s industrious enterprise on the upper reaches of Amsterdam Avenue has morphed over time into the de facto Italian neighborhood joint for the entire Upper West Side. This is good, honest food, fairly priced. Be prepared to pay cash for your stinco di agnello (lamb shank braised in red-wine sauce) or your fresh gnocchi drenched in cream and basil, and to smile indulgently as other people’s children roll about under your knees.Recommended Dishes
Antipasto della casa, $28.95; lamb shank with couscous, $19
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up