Sun-Thu, 5pm-10:30pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 96th St.
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
83rd St. to 100th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
Gennaro Picone’s industrious enterprise on the upper reaches of Amsterdam Avenue has morphed over time into the de facto Italian neighborhood joint for the entire Upper West Side. This is good, honest food, fairly priced. Be prepared to pay cash for your stinco di agnello (lamb shank braised in red-wine sauce) or your fresh gnocchi drenched in cream and basil, and to smile indulgently as other people’s children roll about under your knees.Recommended Dishes
Antipasto della casa, $28.95; lamb shank with couscous, $19
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu