Nearby Subway Stops
F, G, R at Fourth Ave.-9th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Reservation
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
At this gourmet grocery–cum–restaurant, formerly called Get Fresh Table Market, provenance is all. Your order will come, no doubt, with a spiel: the name of the woman who made the crackers, the man who made the bread, the farm that supplied the beet tops garnishing your heritage-pork tenderloin. Somehow, though, none of that comes off as TMI, maybe because it’s hard not to appreciate the care that goes into the cooking and the genuine enthusiasm of the staff. On the current menu, the lentil dal ($9) resonates with flavor, and impeccably fresh peas and mint enliven a simple plate of roast chicken ($22). It’s no longer BYO, with a solid beer and wine list, and the coffee comes from Dallis. Snag a seat in the serene backyard, where a vegetable garden is planted with herbs and produce, and a neighbor’s grapevines creep over the fence.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu