This venue is closed.
The name of this East Village sushi den may be simple, but Ginger serves up imaginative rolls like Dolce Banana (spicy tuna with crispy flakes and—yup—banana) and Golden Holden (eel, avocado, and peanut butter). The specialty items may sound peculiar, but everything on the extensive menu is stellar—from the velvety fresh sashimi to the mango shrimp cocktail to the cold sake with fresh cucumber slices. But alas, with Ginger’s recent surge in popularity prices have risen while service has slowed (the overwhelmed staff appears ill-equipped to keep up). Yet compared to other upscale raw-fish spots in the hood, the hot lemon towels on bamboo upon arrival and the ginger ice cream served with the check do make dinner here a relative bargain.Recommended Dishes
Sashimi Splash, $9; Dolce Banana roll, $8
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu