Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 34th St.-Penn Station
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
31st St. to 43rd St., Fifth Ave. to Ninth Ave.
- Order Delivery with delivery.com
Why they named this Japanese curry shack for the number on Hideki Matsui’s back, we don’t know. (Go, with or without the exclamation point, means “five” in Japanese.) But they take every opportunity to play it up: The telephone number’s last four digits are 5555, the business day starts at 10:55 and ends at 9:55, and there’s a smattering of sports memorabilia like the jersey donated by some hockey player who is also a 55 on display. The specialty of the house, of course, is the thick, gloppy, slightly sweet brown sludge that fortunately tastes a lot better than it looks, served with sticky white rice and a choice of deep-fried toppings of which the pork katsu, or panko-battered pork cutlet, is the best. It’s doubtful that the slugging colossus himself comes here to celebrate after he hits a home run, but if you do, you are entitled to a free topping coupon.Note
$10 credit card minimum.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu