Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Chambers St. to 30th St., Ave. B to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
When David Wu and his brother Darryn were growing up, it was a given that they ate all their vegetables—their parents, after all, founded Zen Palate. Clearly, the organic apple doesn't fall far from the tree: After respective stints in the family business and at the New York Restaurant School, the brothers have opened Gobo (Japanese for "burdock root"), a vegetarian restaurant with an open kitchen, an organic juice bar, and—in a departure from their parents' alcohol-free policy—a beer-and-wine license. The meatless menu takes a global turn with tea-smoked soy sheets, white bean-and-cremini mushroom casserole, soy filet with coconut-curry rice, and green tea noodles with vegan Bolognese sauce.Recommended Dishes
Nori-wrapped tofu in Thai red curry sauce, $17; spinach wonton soup, $6
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu