Gonzalez y Gonzalez
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Bleecker St.; B, D, F, M at Broadway-Lafayette St.; N, R at Prince St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Singles Scene
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Behind the flashing neon sombrero on Broadway, just north of Houston, awaits this Mexican American restaurant/bar/club. Dominated by folksy south-of-the-border artifacts, Gonzalez y Gonzalez’s décor is relatively mellow in comparison to its flamboyant exterior, though chili pepper string lights and a disco ball do have their place. The surprisingly cavernous space is perfect for its secondary purpose as a home to live salsa performances and DJs every week. Take advantage of the rhythms and dance off items from the enormous menu. The rellenos, moles, burritos, quesadillas, and fajitas are all pretty average, but doled out in reliably large portions by a friendly, albeit distracted (maybe by the music, too?) waitstaff.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu