Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.; F, M at 14th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
The late Vincent Scotto cooked his way downtown, from Fresco to Scopa to his very own Gonzo, taking his signature grilled pizza (a recipe he picked up at Providence pie mecca Al Forno) everywhere he went. Gonzo must have felt familiar: It used to be Antonio, where he consulted for the former owner (a Brooklyn childhood neighbor). Scotto and his sister Donna gave the brownstone premises a face-lift and installed a new menu of Scotto classics like grilled-onion salad, Venetian-style bar snacks called cicchetti, artisanal charcuterie and cheese plates, and seasonal entrees and sides meant to be shared.Note
The bar opens a half-hour prior to the restaurant, every day, except on Sunday.
The 100% Italian wine list includes almost 50 offerings by the glass or quartino.
Grilled margherita pizza, $18
New York Magazine Reviews
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages