The Great Burrito
Mon-Sat, noon-10:30pm; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
- Online Ordering
66th St. to 96th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
If only every neighborhood had The Great Burrito, but alas, there's only one (although there is an unrelated eatery in Chelsea with the same name). Despite the fact that there are only six rickety tables, this Upper West Side hole-in-the-wall churns out some of the tastiest Mexican food in the city. The complimentary corn chips, served by cheerful waitresses, are warm and salty, and come with salsas of varying heat. And the chunky guacamole, augmented with plenty of cilantro, is incredibly tasty, too. Don't fill up on the appetizers though—the delectable pork tinga burrito, bursting with yellow rice, black beans, cheese and tender shredded pork in gravy, demands a healthy appetite, as do the tacos and enchiladas that round out the menu. Prepare to wash your feast down with soda; the restaurant does not have a liquor license.Note
$10 credit card minimum.Recommended Dishes
Pork tinga burrito, $12; flautas, $15
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu