Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at Canal St.; 1 at Canal St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
The Japanese restaurant-and-hotel corporation Plan Do See makes American inroads with its first New York restaurant, Greenwich Grill, in Tribeca. Make that first and second New York restaurants: While Greenwich Grill proper inhabits the first floor, Sushi Azabu, a bamboo-ceilinged, rice-paper-walled sushi bar, is located in the basement. In Japan, the Greenwich Grill concept goes by the name Pacific Grill; both showcase the company’s signature Japanese-accented compendium of Italian, French, and Californian cuisines, epitomized in dishes like Zuwai-crab-and-bottarga spaghettini, treviso and bacon risotto, and mont blanc for dessert, served with matcha instead of espresso. The brunch menu offers not only a burger but Japanese curry with rice. As for where the California influence comes from: The owner’s a big fan of Chez Panisse.
Recipes at Greenwich Grill
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers