Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- No Alcohol
Broadway to N. 10th St., Marcy Ave. to Kent Ave.
This venue is closed.
The only place French expat and Greenpoint resident Timothée Spitzer could find an éclair to meet his exacting Gallic standards was Payard. But clumping up to the Upper East Side every time the urge for puff pastry struck was taking its toll. I ended up not going, he says. So Spitzer did what any civic-minded Frenchman would do and opened a bright and cheerful café on his own Brooklyn turf. Niçoise salad, quiche Lorraine, and tartes flambées round out the menu. We have more recipes, says Spitzer, but I’m very picky, I’m very difficult, and I’m never satisfied.Prix-Fixe
Three-course lunch, $9; Three-course weekend brunch, $14
- Scientists βPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu