Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- No Alcohol
Broadway to N. 10th St., Marcy Ave. to Kent Ave.
This venue is closed.
The only place French expat and Greenpoint resident Timothée Spitzer could find an éclair to meet his exacting Gallic standards was Payard. But clumping up to the Upper East Side every time the urge for puff pastry struck was taking its toll. “I ended up not going,” he says. So Spitzer did what any civic-minded Frenchman would do and opened a bright and cheerful café on his own Brooklyn turf. Niçoise salad, quiche Lorraine, and tartes flambées round out the menu. “We have more recipes,” says Spitzer, “but I’m very picky, I’m very difficult, and I’m never satisfied.”Prix-Fixe
Three-course lunch, $9; Three-course weekend brunch, $14
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s