- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
7, G at Court Sq.; 7 at 40th St.-Lowery St.
This venue is closed.
At Grill 43 (not to be confused with Bar 43, the popular saloon across the street, unless you have a hankering for Atomic Wings), the name of the game is fresh-baked Turkish breads and char-grilled meats, served in a functional, fluorescent setting with great alacrity by a chipper Romanian waitress. Peruse the refrigerated display case while pondering your order, and see which kebab speaks to you most—the pepper-flecked ground-meat adana, the chunky shish, or maybe the doner shaved off the rotating spit. (In a novel take on one classic dish, tomato sauce is dribbled over the garlicky yogurt, suggesting the grandma pizza of iskender kebab.)Recommended Dishes
Mixed appetizer plate, $13.95; chicken adana, $9.95, or iskender, $11.95.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu