- READER REVIEWS
Grilled Cheese NYC
Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.; J, Z at Bowery; F at Second Ave.
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
A chalkboard sign hanging in this small shop reads, “Just like you, the sandwich grew up.” Who knew grilled cheese could be so gourmet? The laid-back staff patiently waits and supplies complimentary treats (sorbet, chips, or carrots) as customers chew over a dizzying array of grilled-cheese specialties, ranging from “the classic” to meat-and-vegetable combos. Locals from nearby boutiques and galleries stream in for lunch, and at night, folks lounge around munching on sandwiches and playing Connect Four. Sweet-potato fries and icecream sandwiches earn major points with the kids.Recommended Dishes
Turk 168 (turkey, golden pepper relish, tomatoes, spinach, onions, jack cheese), $8; grilled motsy (mozarella, tomato, pesto, basil), $6
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More