Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
- Notable Chef
- Outdoor Dining
- Special Occasion
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Like Savoy, where The Grocery's co-chef-owners Sharon Pachter and Charles Kiely met, their 30-seat storefront mom-and-pop shop exudes a low-key charm that's hard to resist (complete with an intimate garden during warmer months). Inspired dishes include slow-rendered duck breast with kasha, broccoli rabe, and arctic char with a gingery stew of tomatoes and chickpeas. For dessert, there's a chocolate fig cake with coconut ice cream and passion fruit sorbet. Sadly, the prices don't feel like Smith Street anymore; they feel like Soho.Tasting Menu
Four-course vegetarian garden dinner, $40
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu