- READER REVIEWS
Gus & Gabriel Gastropub
This venue is closed.
Michael Psilakis has reopened the former Kefi space under the name Gus & Gabriel Gastropub (Donatella Arpaia is not involved this time around, since she's writing a book and focusing on other projects). The menu is a veritable ne plus ultra of comfort food. Meatballs, hot dogs, meatloaf, fried chicken, grilled cheese, chili — add to all that a list of 70 whiskeys and 10 beers on tap, and you can be dead certain Guy Fieri is going to be throwing down here every time he’s in town. Though the dining room closes relatively early for a gastropub. Psilakis dreamed all this up by touring spots like T.G.I. Friday's (that’s right, T.G.I. Friday's) with his wife and by cooking at home with his four-year-old son Gabriel (Gus is Psilakis's father). And there’s just a hint of T.G.I. Friday's in the redesign of Kefi’s space, too — there’s a random coat of armor and some crisscrossed oars on the wall.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More