Gusto Ristorante e Bar Americano
Nearby Subway Stops
1, 2, 3 at 14th St.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
Though it's a neighborhood place, Gusto is the rare local spot worth a visit just for the food. Adhering to the kind of up-front, simply layered, freshness-beats-all approach that makes Italian the most appealing summer fare, Gusto’s menu is stocked with items like fava bean salad, ravioli stuffed with buffalo ricotta and egg, and tonno (yellowtail with white bean puree and mixed olives) that won’t weigh you down. Orecchiette with green peas get a lift from a crackling Parmesan crust and Sicilian meatballs come with the refreshing duo of pine nuts and currants. Surprisingly, what may cause your enthusiasm for Gusto to wilt is its sparkling but unnavigable design, which keeps the staff from establishing any flow. It's not their fault, but sometimes it makes you want to scream.Extra
When the temperature is hot, enjoy your meal with a sparkling Lambrusco from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?