Hale and Hearty Soups
Mon-Thu, 10am-9pm; Fri, 10am-8pm; Sat, 11am-7pm; Sun, 11am-6pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
72nd St. to 86th St., York Ave. to Fifth Ave.
New York's office workers are well beyond the age of the leisurely three-martini lunch. More and more, it has become the norm for dapper executives and interns alike to scarf down a quick salad or sandwich at their desk while sifting through TPS reports and faxing the bureau in Osaka. Hale and Hearty has sprung up from this trend, providing healthy fare for suits on the go in some of the busiest work hubs in the city. A step above the Korean deli at the corner, Hale and Hearty is decorated in a crisp, modern style, with lots of stainless steel and a bright red logo in the window. Pleasant staffers are clearly not "soup Nazis" in ladling out dozens of selections ranging from classics like gazpacho to more exotic, spicy tastes like Moroccan chicken. Sandwiches, like a classic turkey club, tuna, and grilled vegetable mixes are also available. There's also a made-to-order salad bar where your ingredients are tossed by hand.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu