Sun-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
38th St. to 53rd St., Sixth Ave. to 12th Ave.
"New York's wurst restaurant," the Hallo Berlin menu proudly proclaims. And the wurst is indeed the thing at this budget German midtowner. Gorge yourself on one of the "Berliner lunch specials;" or allow the skilled kitchen to strut its stuff and try one of the traditional German fish dishes (try the rollmops, veggie-stuffed marinated herring). More ambitious dinner fare includes wiener schnitzel and also the likes of koenigsberger klopse: white meatballs. One of the only good German restaurants left in Manhattan.Hallo Berlin Cart
Mon.—Fri., noon—3:30 p.m.; located at Fifth Ave. and 54th St.
Reservations are only accepted for parties of 8 or more.
Best of New York Awards
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu