Sun-Thu, noon-11pm; Fri-Sat, noon-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
38th St. to 53rd St., Sixth Ave. to 12th Ave.
"New York's wurst restaurant," the Hallo Berlin menu proudly proclaims. And the wurst is indeed the thing at this budget German midtowner. Gorge yourself on one of the "Berliner lunch specials;" or allow the skilled kitchen to strut its stuff and try one of the traditional German fish dishes (try the rollmops, veggie-stuffed marinated herring). More ambitious dinner fare includes wiener schnitzel and also the likes of koenigsberger klopse: white meatballs. One of the only good German restaurants left in Manhattan.Hallo Berlin Cart
Mon.—Fri., noon—3:30 p.m.; located at Fifth Ave. and 54th St.
Reservations are only accepted for parties of 8 or more.
Best of New York Awards
- 12 Session Beers That Are Perfect for Summer Guzzling
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument