Nearby Subway Stops
F, M at 14th St.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.; A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Chambers St. to 42nd St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
With its blond-wood interior, three-chef sushi bar, and extensive delivery menu, Hanami is a generic Japanese joint that’s clearly geared up for takeout. But whether you eat in or order out, the quality of the sushi is uneven. White tuna and salmon may be tender and sleek, but Spanish mackerel can be so tart it tastes pickled, and shrimp shumai, normally a no-brainer, here resembles waterlogged lumps of cardboard. You may do better with Japanese standards like tempura or salmon teriyaki, though you certainly won’t want for choice. The menu is long and varied—sliced octopus and seaweed salad, anyone? Even with little reason to recommend the restaurant design-wise—photos of Mayor Bloomberg on one wall, strings of Christmas lights near another—Hanami does have an all-you-can-eat sushi deal from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., which explains why its delivery menu proclaims “NYU Campus Cash Card Accepted Here!”Recommended Dishes
All you can eat sushi, $23.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu