- READER REVIEWS
Handsome Dan's Stand
Sun-Thu, 11:30am-8:30pm; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-9pm
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Classic NY
- Great Desserts
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
It’s rare to catch a glimpse of a snow cone in New York City—except for maybe when the circus is in town. Handsome Dan’s Stand, in Williamsburg's Mini Mall, is changing that. From April to October, the shop sells snocones in grown-up flavors like thyme dream, earl grey cream, orange blossom ginger, rose pomegranate, and passion fruit.
Egg creams and fresh-squeezed lemonade (in regular, lavender, strawberry, and pomegranate varieties) are on offer in spring and summer, with hot chocolate and local cider being served up in the winter. The tiny shop, which has a candy-cane-striped pipe in the middle of it, is stocked with hundreds of nostalgic candies, including Ring Pops and Pixy Stix for the kids of the eighties and Mallo Cups for the baby boomers.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu