Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Franklin St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Owner Jimmy Bradley has replaced Amanda Freitag in the kitchen but the show has moved on and has even added lunch service. Amanda Freitag, took the helm from Brian Bistrong when he left to open Braeburn; Bistrong followed Joey Campanaro, now chef-owner of the little owl. Freitag references her Mediterranean experience in airy house-made gnocchi covered in a rich oxtail ragu, a side of truffled orzo, and lamb roasted with rosemary, fennel, and anchovy. She shows restraint, however, when highlighting seasonal, local ingredients that make for some of the best dishes. Chunks of squash and crisped Brussels sprouts arrive room temperature in a hearty salad tossed with salty pumpkin seeds for added crunch; chicken with lemon and garlic is stellar for its simple execution; and a tangle of bronzed duck-fat fries can be poked into a side of mayo spiked with vinegar. The 85-seat space is full nearly every night, while the long bar attracts squatters who inhale a salty-spicy confetti of hazelnuts between sips of herbaceous house cocktails like the Harrison Tonic, with Maker’s Mark and Dr. Brown’s celray soda. If desserts like a chocolate tart with a squelchy salted pretzel crust don’t live up to their fantasy descriptions, housemade ice cream is a good bet.Recommended Dishes
Seasonal salads, $12; duckfat fries, $9.
Recipes at The Harrison
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s