- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
G at Classon Ave.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Teen Appeal
- No Alcohol
New York City
This venue is closed.
Heavenly Crumbs is the brainchild of Shannon Pridgen, an Institute of Culinary Education alumna who applies French baking techniques to American favorites. Opened in 2006, the tiny storefront features a single bistro table with a couple of chairs to accommodate eat-in customers, but the busy baking operation itself dominates the space. The refrigerator case brims with a kaleidoscope of cupcakes with Swiss meringue frostings—all butter, no shortening—in a dozen flavors that include passion fruit, chocolate, toasted almond, coconut and French vanilla. The red velvet cupcake is terrific, its cream cheese topping heightened by a whisper of lemon juice. Cookie aficionados are likely to inhale the Monster Mix, a chewy delight with dark and semi-sweet chocolate, raisins, walnuts and coconut. Pridgen is also a whiz with customized wedding and special occasion cakes. Using colorful fondants, gum paste and pastillage, she creates whimsical forms, like sneakers and sewing machines.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’