Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; N, R at 8th St.-NYU
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 23rd St., Ave. C to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Named after an essential regional ingredient, Holy Basil is the place where east meets west—literally—as this buzzing Thai eatery resides directly above the Anglocentric Telephone Bar. Start off with the savory steamed mussels with white wine and herbs. You can’t go wrong with any of the curries, from the delicate kang massamun to the more daring green curry, kang kiew warn. If you’re in the mood for something different, try the surprisingly moist whole fried bass or the more exotic sautéed crispy duck, known as pet kapraw.Note
Holy Basil cannot accomodate parties larger than six on Fridays and Saturday evenings.Recommended Dishes
Pet kapraw (sautéed duck), $16; tofu, avocado and vegetable curry, $12; pad thai, $11; shrimp and scallops with penang curry, $16; steamed mussels, $8
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu