Hope & Anchor
Mon-Wed, 11:30am-11pm; Thu-Fri, 11:30am-1am; Sat, 9am-1am; Sun, 9am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Smith-9th Sts.
B77 bus toward Red Hook to Conover and Coffey Streets.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
Beard St. to Gowanus Expy., Ferris St. to Smith St.
A neighborhood place catering to neighborhood people is how the owners want you to think of this Red Hook restaurant. That means classic diner fare, a full bar, and breakfast anytime. But dishes like the grilled tuna Niçoise platter, to say nothing of drag karaoke nights, point up a commitment to something more.Extra
It's karaoke night at Hope & Anchor Fri.-Sat. nights from 9 p.m. to closing. Reservations are recommended.Recommended Dishes
Cobb salad, $11; chicken pot pie, $10
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu