Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
Spring St. to 14th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
In some ways, the Hudson Diner can feel like the burger joint time forgot. That’s not totally a bad thing. The red gingham tablecloths and the warm-blond paneling all make for a nostalgic experience that’s nearly devoid of the funk of neglect. (Will the owners ever fix that rickety sign out front or replace the glass-brick counter to the right?) Couple the retro setting with weird price hikes such as a quarter more for peanut butter (as opposed to cream cheese) on your bagel or an extra dollar to have your milkshake made thick, and you’ve got a cute place that’s unashamed about quibbling. As the dusty Ruth Orkin print hanging over the kitchen quietly illustrates, there’s something anachronistically artful at work here and something quietly askew.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s