Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Full Bar
Spring St. to 14th St., Sixth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
In some ways, the Hudson Diner can feel like the burger joint time forgot. That’s not totally a bad thing. The red gingham tablecloths and the warm-blond paneling all make for a nostalgic experience that’s nearly devoid of the funk of neglect. (Will the owners ever fix that rickety sign out front or replace the glass-brick counter to the right?) Couple the retro setting with weird price hikes such as a quarter more for peanut butter (as opposed to cream cheese) on your bagel or an extra dollar to have your milkshake made thick, and you’ve got a cute place that’s unashamed about quibbling. As the dusty Ruth Orkin print hanging over the kitchen quietly illustrates, there’s something anachronistically artful at work here and something quietly askew.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More