This venue is closed.
While the city turns Tavern on the Green into a snack stand, its former executive chef Brian Young is launching a new restaurant in the Hudson Hotel. The hotel has converted its Hudson Cafeteria into what’s described as a “modern collegiate mess hall” complete with communal tables and self-service food bar. Cafeteria trays, lunch lady–esque uniforms, and an academia-themed video installation drive home the theme. Young (who was also executive chef at Pop and Citarella) is offering upscale lunch food (the sliders are made with dry-aged Wagyu), in addition to dishes only Jamie Oliver would put on a school menu (white gazpacho, kiddies?). To top it all off, Frat Row drinks like kamikazes and lemon drops will be served as shots, cocktails, and even in pitchers.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu