Tue-Thu, 5pm-midnight; Fri-Sat, 5pm-1am; Sun-Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.; 6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with huertasnyc.com
A Basque-inspired restaurant in the East Village has brought together a talented team of young up-and-comers: executive chef Jonah Miller, who just spent three years cooking at Maialino; Nate Adler, former Blue Smoke beverage director, and Luke Momo, mostly recently of Sirio Ristorante. By offering two distinctly different dining experiences within one restaurant (and no à la carte menu), these three aren't afraid to take chances.
The front room's bar menu is comprised of small raciones (grilled octopus, fried potatoes) and $2 to $8 passed pintxos: Servers will actually come around with trays and present the pintxos dim-sum style. And in the 24-seat back dining room, Huertas will offer a daily changing, four-course dinner menu for $52 ($80 with beverage pairings). While the back room's reservation only, the front room will cater to those who want to grab-and-eat as they drink (perfect for a neighborhood like the East Village). Booze options include Spanish craft beers, ciders, and traditional refrescos — like Kalimotxo, with red wine and Coca-Cola.Recommended Dishes
Huevos rotos; boquerones; seafood conservas; pulpo a la Gallego: octopus, potatoes, pimentón; wood-roasted mushrooms; churros con chocolate.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s