- READER REVIEWS
Humboldt and Jackson
Tue-Thu and Sun, 5pm-midnight; Fri-Sat, 5pm-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Graham Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Full Bar
This events space and bar was opened by a partner at the Brooklyn Star. The food is New American, which means American prosciutto from the likes of Smoking Goose, traditional lobster rolls, and fusiony bánh mì hot dogs. There’s wine and beer on tap and by the bottle, plus batched whiskey cocktails. A monthly $16 all-you-can-eat brunch features a different chef’s menu each time. One Sunday found the cooks working a buffet of Philadelphia-tribute foods: Taylor ham and crumbly, excellent scrapple, plus pickled-grape-enhanced salad and soft scrambled eggs. While you load your plate, the restaurant will send to the table its outstanding waffles, covered in powdered sugar and sweet walnuts.
Related StoriesCheap Eats 2016: “All You Can Eat” Feasts (08/13/16)
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu