Mon-Fri, 11am-10:30pm; Sat, 10:30am-11pm; Sun, 10:30am-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
Spring St. to 14th St., Broadway to West St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
To chickpea connoisseurs, making hummus is a fine art, one they seem to have mastered at this restaurant where the single-minded menu consists of several thick versions of the Middle Eastern spread, accessorized with puffy pita, pickles, and hot sauce. A proprietary brand of imported white tahini is the not-so-secret ingredient, giving the spread its pale-beige color and ineluctably rich flavor (the hummus operandi tending toward the smooth and nutty versus the coarse and lemony). Purists can order it relatively unadorned, with just a swirl of good extra-virgin olive oil and a dusting of cumin, paprika, and parsley, or up the bean quotient with two variations on the theme: one topped with warm, soft whole chickpeas (masbacha), the other with earthy, slow-cooked favas and a sliced hardboiled egg (called foul, pronounced "fool").
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu