Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Grand Army Plaza; B, Q at Seventh Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Church Ave. to Atlantic Ave., New York Ave. to Ocean Pkwy.
This venue is closed.
The periodic ringing of four wall-mounted phones is a quick giveaway: Hunan Wok is all about delivery. The place even uses a car to reach hungry denizens well beyond Park Slope. For the few customers who stay, green-vinyl seats slide under glass-topped tables with purple cloths. Given that there are more than 200 dishes, it's only natural you'd find several types of noodles, along with plenty of healthy options for vegetarians. The results tend toward average: scallion pancakes skimp on scallions; the steamed pork bun is akin to a fluffy, doughnut-size roll filled with sweet meat. Sesame beef is an improvement, but only the fiery Hunan chicken, laced with chili pepper and ginger, elicits excitement. Perhaps that's what those dinner-breaking employees are talking about in Cantonese.Recommended Dishes
Hunan chicken, $8.95, sesame beef, $9.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu