Mon-Thu, 5:30pm-11:30pm; Fri, 5:30-midnight, Sat, noon-midnight; Sun, noon-11:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Design Standout
- Full Bar
When she left her executive position at Calvin Klein Jeans to open an Italian restaurant, Rita Sodi envisioned a comfortable, timeless place where she could serve her mother’s traditional Tuscan recipes. Partner Josh Dworkis, a Greenpoint-based artist and designer, corralled a team of craftspeople to build the leather-upholstered furniture, blown-glass sconces, and a ceiling made from salvaged yellow pine. Then Sodi enlisted chef Michael Genardini, late of Alto and L’Impero, to execute the small, weekly-changing menu, a compilation of classics like artichoke salad with shaved Parmigiano, lasagne, and salt-baked branzino. The gelati come from Capogiro in Philadelphia, and the four specialty Negroni cocktails are the handiwork of manager Håkan Westergren, a bartender whom Sodi lured away from Union Square Cafe. In the past, Genardini has shared the kitchen with a very special guest chef—Sodi’s mom, Elena, who made sure everything is up to snuff.
Best of New York Awards
Recipes at I Sodi
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?