This venue is closed.
Ikeno Hana bears the mark of an authentic Japanese restaurant: The sweet shrimp in the sushi special arrive raw—when they're in season. The fish pieces are ridiculously huge and redolent of the sea. Tasty shumai (steamed dumplings) come six to a container, and edamame are served hot and the right shade of bright green, though you have to ask for the salt with which to douse them.Recommended Dishes
Edamame, $6; shumai, $6.50; unadon, $24; sushi special, $30
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu