Mon-Sat, noon-11:30pm; Sun, 5pm-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
44th St. to 54th St., FDR Dr. to Lexington Ave.
There's a certain breed of dressy northern Italian restaurants around town that feature absurdly long lists of specials and fantastic bread. Here, that specials list includes seasonal gems like an incredible Dover sole almondine. On the apps front, the classic frittura di mare is so good, you don't feel guilty for eating all that fried stuff. The pasta dishes are authentically done, but the proprietors, mercifully, will bend the rules and allow you to put Parmesan on your black linguine. Watch out, though: Il Postino is not light on the wallet--you may be tempted to drown your sorrows in the humongous wine list.Recommended Dishes
Frittura di mare, $16.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu