- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Outdoor Dining
- No Alcohol
This venue is closed.
Imli Café’s narrow space boasts a chimney and burnt-orange walls. The soundtrack mixes traditional singing over modern, pop-sounding beats. The large backyard offers hookahs as well as more dining space. The usual pakoras and samosas are joined by spicy masala fries as well as out-of-place spring rolls and dumplings. The large crab cake chat places two breaded cakes on a bowl full of chickpeas and puffed rice held together by a green sauce. The masala wings are meaty, but bland, with hot sauce for dipping. The house specialty Bombay chicken lines ten large cubes of well-spiced white meat, dry, on a bed of rice, but classics, like the tikka masala, underwhelm in flavor. Lunch offers Indian-on-the-go, with naan bread sandwiches and paratha rolls.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu