Indian Bread Co.
Sun-Thu, noon-midnight; Fri-Sat, noon-4am
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Canal St. to 14th St., Bowery to Washington St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The café effortlessly blends cultures between slices of bread. The cooks give the familiar sandwich an Indian twist by packing a wrap-like paratha roll with aloo masala. Traditional naan replaces pita in a juicy, filling paneer tikka "naanwich," and then it becomes a focaccia substitute in a tandoori "naanini." The various sandwich formats merge surprisingly well with the South Asian flavors. Ultimately, this small shop doesn't just blend cultures, it also fuses fast food and quality dining. The meals, as well as the tasteful decorations, are far fresher and more interesting than what you'd expect from a Bleecker Street counter with an average price of about $5.Recommended Dishes
Chicken tikka naanwich, $5.50; vegetable tandoori naanini, $6
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu