Indigo Indian Bistro
Daily, noon-3pm and 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
35th St. to 65th St., FDR Dr. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
As Americans become more familiar with regional Indian food and flavors, expectations change. Which is why the owner of Basera decided to upgrade, renovating and overhauling the menu (but not enough to alienate a loyal United Nations lunch crowd). Sophisticated renditions of street food like bhel poori are offered alongside inventive novelties like sweet-pepper-and-soybean curry and the tandoori-treated halibut.Prix-Fixe Menu
Daily lunch buffet, $8.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s